SchoolCollege Joke: 1
| The not necessarily well-prepared student sat in his life science
classroom staring at a question on the final exam paper. The question
directed: "Give four advantages of breast milk." What to write? He
sighed, and began to scribble whatever came into his head, hoping for
1. No need to boil.
2. Cats can't steal it.
3. Available whenever necessary.
So far so good - maybe. But the exam demanded a four-part answer.
Again, what to write? Once more, he sighed. He frowned. He scowled,
then sighed again. But suddenly, he brightened. He grabbed his pen,
and triumphantly, he scribbled his definitive answer:
4. Available in attractive containers.
SchoolCollege Joke: 2
Are You About to Employ a Robot?
This test was written by ME, Roger Carasso, for the UCB Psychology
Department. It is intended to be used by companies that are
recruiting on campus. With this test you can determine whether an
applicant you are interviewing is a Robot, a Vulcan/Math MAjor, or a
Liberal Arts major.
Tear off here, and administer test below to students
Answer Questions by circling the appropriate subjective choice.
1. If stranded on a deserted island, I would want _____
0) Shakespeare 1) Math books 2) Fluid oil
2. If I could have any job, I would be a _____
0) writer 1) professor 2) McDonald's employee
3. On weekends, I go to _____
0) The beach 1) The library 2) goto 10
4. My favorite hobby is _____
0) Poetry 1) Open math problems 2) memorizing
5. I have taken ______ English classes.
0) Many 1) Enough to communicate 2) fori=1to++x10goto10
6. What is the quickest way to solve 2X+4=2?
0) Ask a Vulcan 1) In my head 2) Brute force with
Cray 2 Supercomputer
7. What have you learned in school that you value the most?
0) Latin 1) How to operate my HP-28C 2) Complex Analysis
8. In between classes, I like to _____
0) Talk with my friends 1) Study proofs 2) Add numbers on
9. When I have a report due, I type it on_____
0) My manual typewriter
1) The school's word processor
2) My calculator and then upload it to a PC at 50 baud
10. Since coming to the University, I have gained many _____
0) Friends 1) Books 2) Calculator manuals
11. The best use of a computer is _____
0) A door stop 1) Graphing functions 2) Friends
12. When I go to a restaurant, I usually get _____
0) A hamburger 1) A twinkie 2) Thrown out
13. What part of speech is "interface"?
0) A noun 1) A noun and a verb 2) Not enough data
14. What do you consider to be paradise?
0) Total happiness 1) Total knowledge 2) Two calculators
15. What type of music do you like?
0) Popular music 1) Classical music 2) Static noise
16. What is your favorite game?
0) Monopoly 1) Chess 2) Data entry races
17. My favorite Movie show is _____
0) Ruthless People 1) Star Trek II 2) Short Circuit
18. If I had to know an equation on a test, I would _____
0) Write it on my arm
1) Derive it during test
2) Memorize it with flash cards all day for weeks
19. The person I marry must have_____
0) Beauty 1) Intelligence 2) An RS232 serial port
20. What I fear the most is _____
0) Death 1) Emotions 2) Water
Results: Simply add up the values of all your answers and look at
the following table.
00-14 Liberal Arts
15-20 Vulcan/Math Major
SchoolCollege Joke: 3
Introductory Chemistry at Duke has been taught for about a zillion years
by Professor Bonk (really), and his course is semi-affectionately known
as "Bonkistry." He has been around forever, so I wouldn't put it past
him to come up with something like this. Anyway, one year there were
these two guys who were taking Chemistry and who did pretty well on all
of the quizzes and the midterms and labs, etc., such that going into the
final they had a solid A.
These two friends were so confident going into the final that the
weekend before finals week (even though the Chem final was on Monday),
they decided to go up to UVirginia and party with some friends up there.
So they did this and had a great time. However, with their hangovers
and everything, they overslept all day Sunday and didn't make it back to
Duke until early monday morning. Rather than taking the final then,
what they did was to find Professor Bonk after the final and explain to
him why they missed the final. They told him that they went up to UVa
for the weekend, and had planned to come back in time to study, but that
they had a flat tire on the way back and didn't have a spare and
couldn't get help for a long time and so were late getting back to
campus. Bonk thought this over and then agreed that they could make up
the final on the following day. The two guys were elated and relieved.
So, they studied that night and went in the next day at the time that
Bonk had told them. He placed them in separate rooms and handed each of
them a test booklet and told them to begin. They looked at the first
problem, which was something simple about molarity and solutions and was
worth 5 points. "Cool" they thought, "this is going to be easy." They
did that problem and then turned the page. They were unprepared,
however, for what they saw on the next page. It said:
(95 points) Which tire?
SchoolCollege Joke: 4
The College Food Chain
Leaps tall buildings in a single bound
Is more powerful than a locomotive
Is faster than a speeding bullet
Walks on water
Gives policy to God
THE DEPARTMENT HEAD
Leaps short buildings in a single bound
Is more powerful than a switch engine
Is just as fast as a speeding bullet
Talks with God
Leaps short buildings with a running start and favorable winds
Is almost as powerful as a switch engine
Is faster than a speeding BB
Walks on water in an indoor swimming pool
Talks with God if a special request is honored
Barely clears a quonset hut
Loses tug of war with a locomotive
Can fire a speeding bullet
Is occassionally addressed by God
Makes high marks on the walls when trying to leap tall buildings
Is run over by locomotives
Can sometimes handle a gun without inflicting self-injury
Talks to animals
Climbs walls continually
Rides the rails
Plays Russian Roulette
Walks on thin ice
Prays a lot
Runs into buildings
Recognizes locomotives two out of three times
Is not issued ammunition
Can stay afloat with a life jacket
Talks to walls
Falls over doorstep when trying to enter buildings
Says "Look at the choo-choo"
Wets himself with a water pistol
Plays in mud puddles
Mumbles to himself
Lifts buildings and walks under them
Kicks locomotives off the tracks
Catches speeding bullets in her teeth and eats them
Freezes water with a single glance
She IS God.
SchoolCollege Joke: 5
Letter from Daughter to Parents
Dear Mother and Dad:
It has now been three months since I left for college. I have been remiss
in writing this and I am very sorry for my thoughtlessness in not having
written before. I will bring you up to date now, but before you read on,
please sit down. YOU ARE NOT TO READ ANY FURTHER UNLESS YOU ARE SITTING DOWN. OKAY!
Well then, I am getting along pretty well now. The skull fracture and the
concussion I got when I jumped out of the window of my dormitory when it
caught fire shortly after my arrival are pretty well healed now. I only get
those sick headaches once a day.
Fortunately the fire in the dormitory and my jump were witnessed by an attendant
at the gas station near the dorm, and he was the one who called the fire
department and the ambulance. He also visited me at the hospital and since
I had nowhere to live, because of the burned out dormitory, he was kind enough
to invite me to share his apartment with him. It's really a basement room,
but it's kind of cute. He is a very fine boy and we have fallen deeply in
love and are planning to be married. We haven't set the exact date yet, but
it will be before my pregnancy begins to show.
Yes Mother and Dad, I am pregnant. I know how much you are looking forward
to being grrandparents and I know you will welcome the baby and give it the
love, devotion and tender care you gave me when I was a child. The reason
for the delay in our marriage is that my boyfriend has some minor infection
which prevents us from passing our pre-marital blood tests and I carelessly
caught it from him. This will soon clear up with the penicillin injections
I am taking daily.
I know you will welcome him into our family with open arms. He is kind and
although not well educated, he is ambitious. Although he is of a different
race and religion than ours, I know your oft expressed tolerance will not
permit you to be bothered by the fact that his skin color is somewhat darker
than ours. I am sure you will love him as I do. His family background is
good too, for I am told that his father is an important gun-bearer in the
village in Africa from which he came.
Now that I have brought you up to date, I want to tell you that there was
no dormitory fire, I did not have a concussion or a skull fracture. I was
not in the hospital, I am not pregnant, I am not engaged. I do not have
syphillis and there is no man (of any color) in my life. However, I am getting
a 'D' in History and an 'F' in Science and I wanted you to see those marks
in the proper perspective.
Your Loving Daughter
Next > >